There is so much to say about our attitude, response and responsibility to work. Here are a couple of thoughts. The message recorded from @VBF below.
Here is a response from Nehimiah 3.
WORK AS WORSHIP
1. The Hebrew word avodah jointly means work, worship, and service
2. God modeled work in creation by creating everything (then He rested).
3. He had man work by naming the animals (before the fall)
4. God wanted may to cultivate/steward the garden before and after the fall. It just got more difficult after the falls with the advent of weeds.
5. Work has meaning and purpose. It is more than a paycheck
6. Work is foundational to who and how we are created
7. In work we see the beauty of god. He designed us that way. It reflects the image of god in us. It was part of his plan
8. Work for and with others
9. Work with excellence
10. Remember who you work for and why
- A dairymaid can milk cows to the glory of God
- The Christian shoemaker does his duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship.
- As Eric Liddell's missionary father exhorts him in Chariots of Fire, "you can praise the Lord by peeling a spud, if you peel it to perfection. "
Full VBF message "Work as Worship" July 3, 2016 here ---->. Work as Worship @VBF