Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Transitions in Youth Ministry
I'm a part of a great networking group in North Dallas. Las Thursday we discussed the topic of Transitions in YM. I'm still chewing on some of the thoughts the collective churned out.
1. churches don't transition well.
2. the adolescent years are marked with two types of difficult transition; a physiological one (mental and physical changes, think puberty) and societal ones (church, school and other annual traditions)
3. most churches that don't transition well are personality based.
4. the move from children's program to youth programs to adult programs is bumpy so should we be shocked when there is a train wreck?
5. the biggest challenge in transition is the transition in ownership of faith
6. having a family ministry paradigm (one that oversees these transitions definitely helps.
Comment below to share your thoughts.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment